- Use plain text: Use it over any proprietary format. This will simplify review of edits otherwise you may end up reviewing the entire documents over and over
- Source control: Apart from its other benefits, it will make sure everyone has the right version.
- Standardize: Use a standard translation for different words/phrases. This will help find/replace when if you want to revisit/change.
- Size: On most platforms non English text takes at least twice the space. If there are size constraints, know them early
- Simplify: Prefer simple day to day language over a literary masterpiece. This not only makes it easy for your audience but can sometimes lower translation costs.